Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Avid Vegasist

There is life...and then there is Vegas. And a lot of gray in-between.

For an avid Vegasist like myself, the boundaries between Vegas and life blur. Despite not living in Vegas and having no desire to, this ultimate vacation spot becomes a habitat for me, of which aliens, those who care not for my beloved Vegas, dare not attempt to blemish with spews of hatred and disgust, for they will be squished by myself and followers. How could a human being not absolutely adore Vegas? If Vegas is not your thing, this is actually a place to share because this blog is about the intersections of Vegas and life...and whatever that means to you and I.

Vegas is a physical as well as an ideological habitat. When I am there, I am home. When I am not there, I am there in my mind. I read all that I can about Vegas, in between studying for exams as a graduate student, taking care of family, bonding with friends, working, and doing those things that have nothing to do with Vegas....and yet everything to do with Vegas. I have gone to Vegas once with my sister, once with my close friend, once with my boyfriend, once by myself, and never have been in a group. It dawned on me that my closest friends and family had no inclinations towards Vegas--to them, it was just a place. Unfrickinbelievable. Vegas is not just a place; it's a lifestyle. Com'on. I am yet to find a friend who shares the same love and joys of living and breathing Vegas.

Now, do not get me wrong this is just a blog to discuss all that is, all that goes on in, what I think about, how I feel about...Vegas. As I live my daily life. It is not some kind of obsessive following...although it has its potentials. It's all about sharing the love of Vegas in a multidimensional way--not simply the vacation itself but also how it impacts us on a day-to-day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment